Basic Vegan Pizza Dough
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- ½ cup lukewarm water (may require more if dry)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the yeast.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the water and oil. Mix to a soft dough.
- Knead the dough for ten minutes on a lightly floured surface, until it is smooth and elastic. Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise 1 hour or until double in bulk.
- Knock back the dough. Knead again for 2-3 minutes and roll out into the desired shape, and placed on a greased baking sheet. Push up the edges to make a rim. The dough is now ready for toppings. Bake according to your recipe, or bake at 425F for 20 minutes to 30 minutes.
A dusting of cornmeal can help keep the pizza dough from sticking to the pan while baking.
Taking a fork and poking the rolled out crust about every inch will prevent any air bubbles while cooking