- 6 medium sized yams or sweet potatoes
- 1 cup orange or orange/pineapple juice concentrate
- 2 tsp grated orange rind
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ cup maple syrup (optional)
- salt to taste
- Cook the yams in their jackets and then peel.
- Blend all the ingredients except the yams. Heat this liquid in a saucepan, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Cut the yams in ½" slices and layer on the bottom of your 11" x 17" baking dish. Salt lightly and cover with a thin layer of sauce. Repeat using up the rest of the sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake another 15 minutes.