It is no doubt that vegan breakfast recipes are a bit difficult to come by. A typical breakfast usually entails eggs, bacon, ham, cheese you name it. One thing is for sure, and that is breakfast must be filling and packed with essential nutrients to help you start your day on a good note. This recipe for easy breakfast hash is simple, quick, and very flavourful. You can customize it to your preference by adding your favorite vegan meat substitute (tempeh, soy mince meat- found in our store or tofu), spinach, your favorite herbs, and even some more colorful peppers.
These potatoes are crispy and golden on the outside, with a soft and melt-in-your-mouth interior. Pretty much the most perfect breakfast potatoes that you can ever make and not to mention that they come together in no time. The biggest tip would be to ensure that the potatoes are arranged in a single layer so that they all cook evenly and try not to move them around much. This allows them to crisp up nicely and brown evenly.
Enjoy these potatoes with a side of scrambled tofu eggs, a dollop of vegan sour cream or on their own as they are perfect just as is too. Enjoy the recipe.
Easy Vegan Breakfast Hash
- 2 Medium Potatoes (small diced)
- 1 tbsp.. Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Pinch of Cayenne
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 Garlic Clove (grated or finely minced)
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup Green Bell Pepper (small diced)
- Heat oils in a skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes and arrange in a single layer.
- Season with cayenne, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and garlic clove. Give the potatoes a quick stir to coat and rearrange in a single layer.
- Allow the potatoes to cook over medium heat until the bottom becomes a nice golden brown. Flip the potatoes over the remaining three sides until all sides are nice and golden and the potatoes are tender.
- Add the green bell pepper at the last 3 minutes of cooking and toss.