This simple easy flaky vegan pie crust will remind you of homemade pies your grandma would make. Wheater it is Apple, Pumpkin, Blueberry, or Pecan who doesn’t love pie? Scroll down for ingredients and directions.
Vegan Pie Crust Tips
To quickly mix the water and oil you can use a blender or mixer. When baking the pie crusts you can poke holes in the top of the crust so it will not bubble up. You can replace the oil with your favorite vegan butter like Earth Balance for more buttery crust just make sure it is cold.
- ½ cup canola oil or your favorite vegan butter
- 5 tbsp cold water
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 cup pastry flour or whole wheat flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- Mix the oil and water together with a fork until light and fluffy.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together until just mixed through and a dough ball forms.
- Separate into two bowls. Roll for two crusts.
- The crust can be baked with or without filling in a 400 F (204 C) preheat oven for 15 minutes until brown.