These are incredible giant cookies. You won’t find a better one anywhere. They make incredible ice cream sandwiches.
- 3/4 cup cooking soy margarine
- 1 1/2 cups succanat or natural cane sugar
- 3 tsp Energy Egg Replace beat with 4 Tbsp water
- 1 1/2 cups white flour
- 3/4 cup pastry flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 1/2 cups carob chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 375F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Cream the margarine and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg replacer.
- In a separate bowl sift both flours, baking powder, and salt. Stir the dry ingredients into the butter mixture. Add the vanilla and water. Push together. Add more water if needed a teaspoon at a time. Stir in the carob chips and nuts if desired.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cups onto the cookie sheet. Press slightly. Leave 2 inches between cookies. Bake for 10 minutes, or until edges and bottoms are light brown and top golden. Check after 8 minutes to avoid overbaking.
- Remove the cookies to a rack to cool.