SHH-OCOLATE SPREAD PANINI
For Shh-ocolate Spread:
- 8 thick slices slightly stale brioche (see recipe) or other bread
- Nonstick cooking spray or non dairy butter if using bread instead of brioche
To make the spread:
- Combine the beans, agave, milk, vanilla, and almond extract in a food processor.
- Process until perfectly smooth.
- Add the chocolate and process again until perfectly smooth, stopping to scrape the sides with a rubber spatula.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- To use as a spread, let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- To use as syrup, slowly heat on the stove in a small saucepan over low heat until it reaches a syrupy consistency.
To assemble the panini:
- Spread 3 tablespoons of the spread (or enough to cover the surface) on 4 of the slices of brioche. (You will have spread leftover; save it for another use.)
- Top each with another slice.
- Heat a panini press fitted with smooth plates on high, or heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Lightly coat with spray or butter.
- Cook in batches over medium-low heat, without closing the panini press (if using).
- Flip the sandwich after 5 minutes, or when golden brown, and cook the other side until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.