Spaghetti With Fresh Tomato Sauce
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- 2 clove garlic finely chopped
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh herbs (such as: basil, marjoram, oregano)
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1 lb spaghetti
- Plunge the tomatoes in a saucepan of boiling water for 30 seconds- not any longer or they will become mushy. Lift them out with a clotted spoon and plunge them into cold water. Peel off the skins then dry the tomatoes of paper towels.
- Halve the tomatoes and squeeze out the seeds. Chop into small cubes and mix with garlic, herbs, olive oil and seasonings in a glass bowl. Cover and let the flavors meld for at least 30 minutes.
- Cook the pasta in plenty of salted, boiling water, following the instructions on the package. Drain the pasta and return it to the clean pan. Add the sauce and toss to mix. Let sit for 2 minutes and then serve immediately.