- 1 ½ cups unbleached white flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened carob powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar cane crystals
- ½ cup oil
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat to 375. Prepare pans.
- Mix flour, carob, soda, salt, and sugar.
- In another bowl, combine oil, water, and vanilla.
- Pour the liquid ingredients (but not lemon juice) into dry; mix until blended and smooth.
- Add the lemon juice and stir just enough to mix through. There will be pale swirls in the batter. Immediately pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.