Rolls are usually round individual loaves of bread served during dinner time. It is pretty easy and inexpensive to make vegan dinner rolls at home.
Below you will find the recipe and directions for the vegan dinner rolls with some step by step pictures.
A Bosch Bowl works best for mixing the pastry flour and plant-based milk. Honey alternative sweeteners will give you the sugars needed by the yeast to properly rise the dough. Brush the tops of the dinner rolls with plant-based vegan oil will make the tops golden brown.
For an extra special treat, you can mix in 1 cup your favorite vegan cheddar style sheds. Add 1 tsp. garlic powder and top with fresh parsley for a vegan copycat homemade version of Red Lobster Cheddar Bay biscuits.
- 4 cups soy milk
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 cups pastry flour
- ½ cup honey alternative sweetener
- 2 tbsp dry active yeast
- 1 tbsp salt
- 4 cups unbleached flour
- Bring the plant milk to 110F. Put in a Bosch bowl and add 2 cups pastry flour while mixing.
- Add canola oil, sweetener, and yeast. Add the salt and the rest of the flour.
- Place in an oiled bowl and coat all sides. Let rise until double.
- Form into balls or fancy shapes. Let rise until double, about 35 minutes.
- Bake at 400F for about 20 minutes or until starting to brown on the bottom.