Vegan Flour Tortillas
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅓ cup Crisco (vegetable shortening)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Mix the flour and salt together.
- Stir in the oil and the water.
- Mix until dough ball forms.
- Divide in 4-6 even balls.
- Flatten using a rolling pin.
- Cook on a griddle or cast iron pan with no oil. When air bubbles form flip and cook on the other side.
- When both sides are browned let cool for storage or serve immediately.