Vegan Minestrone Soup
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large leek thinly sliced
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 zucchini thinly sliced
- 4 oz green beans halved
- 2 celery stalks thinly sliced
- 6¼ cup vegetable stock or water Vegan Vegetable Broth Base like Orrington Farms works well
- 15 oz can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil or 1 tsp dried
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme or ½ tsp dried
- 15 oz can cannellini or kidney beans
- ½ cup macaroni or small pasta shapes
- salt to taste
- chopped fresh parsley to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add all the fresh vegetables and heat until sizzling. Cover the pan, lower the heat and sweat the vegetables for 15 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally.
- Pour in the stock or water and add the tomatoes and herbs with salt to taste. Bring to a boil, replace the lid, then simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Add the canned beans with the liquid. Simmer for another 10 minutes. Add the pasta until cooked. Check the seasoning and serve hot.