- 2 Tbsp pineapple juice
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/3 cup Sucanat
- 1 2/3 cup unbleached flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 heaping tsp baking powder.
- 1 can of pineapple slices.
- 1 cup liquid (remaining pineapple juice and water to make one cup)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup Sucanat or Florida Crystals
- Preheat oven to 350F. Mix the pineapple juice, 2 Tbsp canola oil and 1/3 cup Sucanat together. Spread on the bottom of an 8″ x 8″ x 2″ pan that has been sprayed with PAM. Arrange the pineapple slices on top.
- Mix the flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
- Mix the liquid, canola oil, vanilla and Sucanat in another bowl.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together until moist and lumps have disappeared. Pour into pan over pineapple slices. Bake immediately. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Invert onto tray.
Baking powder always works best when it gets in the oven as soon as possible. This is especially true with natural baking powders like Ener-G.