This is an easy recipe and only requires a few ingredients. Imagine soft warm homemade vegan pita bread to serve along with your favorite hummus and veggies.
Vegan Pita Bread
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- Combine water and sugar and yeast set aside for 15 minutes.
- Add flour and salt to mixer add the wet ingredients oil and water.
- Knead on low for 6 minutes then remove dough from the mixer.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and place it on floured work surface.
- Form dough balls then roll them out with a rolling pin to a 1/4 inch thickness.
- Brush a skillet with a tiny amount of olive oil. Cook the pita till it browns slightly and puffs up on one side. Then flip and cook until the other side is slity brown.
- Best served immediately. Can store at room temperature for 5 days.