This is an easy recipe and only requires a few ingredients. Imagine soft warm homemade vegan pita bread to serve along with your favorite hummus and veggies.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp dry active yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Proof the yeast with the sugar and warm water until you see bubbles about 10 min.
- Mix ingredients to form a dough. Add flour or water until you get a soft dough ball. I used a Kitchen Aid mixer.
- Let rise in a covered bowl for 1 hour or until it has doubled in size. You can use the same bowl if you use a mixer and just place it in a microwave.
- Heat a pan to medium high heat.
- Kneed the dough into small balls about the size of an egg.
- Roll each out with a rolling pin until they are quarter inch thick. If the dough is sticking to your hands, the surface or the rolling pin you can use a light dusting of flour.
- As you roll one out place it in the heated pan and roll another. When you see bubbles form you can flip the pita in the pan or cook until you get a nice golden brown. It should only be about 5 minutes a side but watch them so they don't burn.
- Serve with your favorite hummus.