Seitan (gluten) replacement for meat
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 cup your favorite vegan mayonnaise
- Heat the water for the broth and add all the broth seasonings. Bring to a boil while you prepare the gluten. Check seasonings.
- Blend all the gluten ingredients together, except the gluten flour, until you have a smooth creamy mixture. Place the gluten in a Bosch machine or a large bowl. Add the gluten flour and mix thoroughly. Let rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Cut the dough into slices and drop into the broth. Simmer about 1 to 1½ hours until soft all the way through.
- Remove gluten from broth. Save the broth, removing the bay leaves. Blend the broth.
- Cut the gluten into ½ inch strips and place them in a bag with ½ cup flour. Shake well. Place them in a wok with a small amount of olive oil. Brown well.
- Add the broth mixture, 1 cup water, and 1 tbsp dried parsley flakes. Simmer until the mixture has thickened to a gravy-like consistency. Add 1 cup of your favorite mayonnaise. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve over noodles, rice or mashed potatoes.