When it comes to long-distance travel, finding healthy and satisfying snacks can be a challenge, especially if you follow a vegan diet. However, with a little bit of planning and creativity, you can easily pack some delicious and nutritious snacks to keep you fueled throughout your journey. In this article, we have compiled a list of the best vegan snacks for traveling long distances that is both quick and simple.
- Trail Mix Trail mix is a classic snack that is perfect for traveling. It’s easy to pack, non-perishable and provides a mix of healthy fats, protein, and carbohydrates. You can make your own trail mix by combining your favorite nuts, seeds, and dried fruits, or purchase pre-made mixes from your local grocery store or health food store.
- Fresh Fruit Fresh fruits like apples, bananas, and oranges are not only easy to pack, but they’re also packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber. They’re a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth and keep you feeling full and energized throughout your journey.
- Veggie Sticks and Hummus Veggies sticks, such as carrot sticks or celery sticks, paired with a small container of hummus is a delicious and nutritious snack that’s easy to pack. Hummus is a great source of protein and healthy fats, while veggies provide essential vitamins and minerals.
- Roasted Chickpeas Roasted chickpeas are a crunchy and satisfying snack that’s easy to make at home. Simply toss cooked chickpeas with your favorite spices and roast them in the oven until crispy. You can also find pre-packaged roasted chickpeas in many grocery stores.
- Energy Bars Energy bars are a convenient and filling snack that’s perfect for traveling. Look for vegan options that are high in protein and fiber, and low in added sugars. Some great options include Larabars, KIND bars, and Clif Bars.
- Nut Butter Packets Single-serve nut butter packets are a convenient and mess-free way to enjoy a quick and satisfying snack on the go. Pair them with apple slices, crackers, or rice cakes for a delicious and filling snack.
- Popcorn Popcorn is a low-calorie and filling snack that’s perfect for munching on during long flights or car rides. Look for air-popped popcorn or lightly seasoned popcorn to keep it healthy.
In conclusion, traveling long distances as a vegan doesn’t have to mean sacrificing taste or nutrition. With these quick and simple vegan snack ideas, you can keep your hunger at bay while enjoying delicious and healthy foods on your journey. Just remember to pack your snacks in leak-proof containers and to check with your airline or transportation company for any restrictions on bringing food on board.