This Vegan Beef Seitan recipe is a great option for anyone looking to create a meaty and protein-packed vegan dish. Seitan, also known as wheat meat, is a popular meat substitute made from wheat gluten that has a texture similar to meat. This recipe combines seitan with a blend of spices and vegetable broth to create a savory and delicious beef flavor that’s perfect for a variety of dishes.
One of the best things about this recipe is its versatility. The beef seitan can be used in a variety of dishes, from stir-fries and tacos to sandwiches and salads. The recipe is easy to follow, with clear instructions for preparing the seitan and cooking it to perfection.
Another great aspect of this recipe is that it is entirely vegan, making it a fantastic option for anyone with dietary restrictions. By using vegetable broth instead of beef broth and seitan instead of meat, this recipe creates a dish that is just as delicious as a traditional beef dish, but without the use of any animal products.
Overall, this Vegan Beef Seitan recipe is a great addition to any vegan recipe collection. The beef flavor and meaty texture make it a great substitute for meat in a variety of dishes, while the recipe itself is easy to follow and accessible for cooks of all levels. Whether you’re looking for a plant-based protein source or simply want to try something new, this recipe is sure to impress.
For the glaze
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp Vegan Worcestershire
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp molasses
- Combine the vital wheat gluten and flavorings then slowly add the warm water mixing as you go. Stop adding water when a dough ball forms.
- Cut the dough ball in half this prevents uneven steaming. Add water to the rice cooker bowl. Then add the dough to the seamer basket of a rice cooker and steam for 30 minutes.
- After the steamer stops open the lid and cool for a few minutes. The cooked seitan will shrink slightly and then you can remove it from the basket.
- Cut up the seitan into strips or bite-size pieces. Next, add the seitan oil and glaze ingredients to the pan and mix and Sauté until done to your liking.