This Vegan Chicken Seitan recipe is a fantastic option for anyone looking to create a vegan meat substitute with a chicken-like flavor and texture. Seitan, also known as wheat meat, is a popular meat substitute made from wheat gluten that has a texture similar to meat. This recipe combines seitan with a blend of spices and vegetable broth to create a savory and delicious chicken flavor that’s perfect for a variety of dishes.
One of the best things about this recipe is its versatility. The chicken-flavored seitan can be used in a variety of dishes, from stir-fries and salads to sandwiches and wraps. The recipe is easy to follow, with clear instructions for preparing the seitan and cooking it to perfection.
Another great aspect of this recipe is that it is entirely vegan, making it a fantastic option for anyone with dietary restrictions. By using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth and seitan instead of chicken, this recipe creates a dish that is just as delicious as a traditional chicken dish, but without the use of any animal products.
Overall, this Chicken Flavored Seitan recipe is a great addition to any vegan recipe collection. The chicken flavor and meaty texture make it a great substitute for chicken in a variety of dishes, while the recipe itself is easy to follow and accessible for cooks of all levels. Whether you’re looking for a plant-based protein source or simply want to try something new, this recipe is sure to impress.
Chicken Flavored Seitan
- 1 cup vital wheat gluten
- 1 cup water or broth
- 2 tbsp. vegan chicken-style seasoning
- Mix vital wheat gluten and seasoning then add water until dough ball forms.
- Steam for 25 minutes. Make sure the inside is firm and not gooey I use the steamer basket in my rice cooker.
- Next, you can cut into whatever size pieces you want strips cubes it’s up to you.
- Then air fry or pan fry or even put on the grill. I just sprayed some cooking oil in a pan and heated it with some more seasoning.