- Cooked vegetable (3 cups asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, or potatoes; 5 cups sliced fresh mushrooms)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp chicken-style seasoning
- 1 Tbsp vegan cooking margarine
- 1 Tbsp white flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup soy milk
- Combine the cooked vegetable, water and seasoning in blender. Blend until smooth.
- In a medium saucepand heat the margarine, stir in flour and salt. Add the milk and whisk until bubbly and slightly thickened. Stir in the vegetable mixture.
Seasoning suggestions: 1/4 tsp Thyme for broccoli; 1/2 tsp lemon peel and 1/8th tsp nutmeg for asparagus; 3/4 tsp curry powder for cauliflower; 1/8 tsp thyme for mushroom; 1/4 tsp dillweed for potato.