GREEN MONSTER BREAD
- 1 cup packed baby arugula or spinach
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1¼ cup water lukewarm
- 2 tbsp light olive oil
- 3½ cup all-purpose flour plus more if needed
- 2 tbsp vital wheat gluten
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- ½ tsp canola oil nonstick cooking spray
- Place the arugula, garlic, water, and oil in a blender; blend until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, gluten, yeast, sugar, and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, mix for about 6 minutes, until a dough forms.
- Add more flour, 1 tablespoon at a time while mixing, if needed.
- Alternatively, if you don’t have a stand mixer, transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead for 8 to 10 minutes, adding 1 tablespoon flour at a time if needed, until the dough is smooth and pliable.
- Lightly oil a large bowl and place the dough in it.
- Turn to coat.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let rise for 60 to 90 minutes, until doubled.
- Lightly coat an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan with spray.
- Gently punch down the dough and press it down into the pan.
- Loosely cover with plastic wrap and let rise until the dough reaches 1 inch over the top of the pan, between 30 and 60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Carefully remove the plastic wrap and bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown and the bottom of the bread sounds hollow when tapped.
- Remove from the pan, transfer to a wire rack, and let cool before slicing.