This is a special New Years treat that is a tradition in Holland. It was a family tradition of our growing up, and now we are doing it in our family too. Definitely a yummy treat on New Years!
- 4 egg-replacer eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup vegan sugar (make sure it wasn’t filtered with bone char)
- 6 cups flour
- 6 tsp baking powder
- 4 cups soy milk
- 1 1/2 cup raisins
- vegetable oil
- icing sugar
- Combine egg replacer eggs, salt, and sugar. Beat well.
- Separately combine the flour, baking powder.
- Add the milk to the egg mixture, then add the flour. Mix well.
- Place oil in deep fryer or saucepan. Heat to 375F. Drop batter by spoonfuls into hot oil. Deep fry until golden brown.
- Remove, and dust with icing sugar!
Best fresh! Try adding large apple chunks. (grated apple gets lost in the ball)