Vegan Oliebollen or Oil Balls (doughnuts)
- 4 ener-G egg replacer "eggs"
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ cup vegan sugar (make sure it wasn't filtered with bone char)
- 6 cup flour
- 6 tsp baking powder
- 4 cup soy milk
- 1½ cup raisins
- vegetable oil
- icing sugar (powdered sugar)
- Combine egg replacer eggs, salt, and sugar. Beat well.
- Separately combine the flour, baking powder.
- Add the milk to the egg mixture, then add the flour. Mix well.
- Place oil in deep fryer or saucepan. Heat to 375°F. Drop batter by spoonfuls into hot oil. Deep fry until golden brown.
- Remove, and dust with icing sugar!