- 2 quarts water
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp each: rosemary, oregano, thyme
- 4 tsp parsley
- 2 Tbsp Herbamare seasoning salt
- 1/4 cup pearl barley
- 1 large celery stick sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 large carrots diced
- 1 large turnip, peeled and diced
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans
- 2/3 cup small macaroni
- 2 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- Bring the water to a boil. Add the seasonings, pearl barley, celery, potatoes and carrots. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat, simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the turnip. Simmer another 20 minutes.
- Add the beans, macaroni and tomato paste. Boil gently until macaroni is tender (about 15 minuets) Add the cabbage.
- Cook uncovered until cabbage is tender-crisp (about 5 minutes). Salt to taste.