Vegan Potato Minestrone Soup
- 2 qt water
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp rosemary
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp thyme
- 4 tsp parsley
- 2 tbsp herbamare seasoning salt
- ¼ cup pearl barley
- 1 large celery stick sliced
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 large carrots diced
- 1 large turnip peeled and diced
- 1 15-oz cannellini beans, can
- ⅔ cup small macaroni
- 2 cup finely shredded green cabbage
- Bring the water to a boil. Add the seasonings, pearl barley, celery, potatoes and carrots. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat, simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the turnip. Simmer another 20 minutes.
- Add the beans, macaroni and tomato paste. Boil gently until macaroni is tender (about 15 minuets) Add the cabbage.
- Cook uncovered until cabbage is tender-crisp (about 5 minutes). Salt to taste.