Orange Poppy Seed Vegan Muffins
- Put flax seeds with ½ cup milk in a blender. Let soak for 5 minutes.
- In a small skillet toast the poppy seeds over low heat until fragrant- stirring constantly, about 2-3 minutes, then let cool.
- In a large bowl mix the flours, baking powder, salt and cardamom and stir in the seeds.
- Add to the blender the maple syrup, orange juice, vanilla, oil, and the remaining soy milk and blend. Add the orange peel and pulse to combine.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and add maple mixture. Fill cupcakes ¾ each. Bake at 350°F 17-20 minutes.