This is the perfect carob cookie!
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup extra light olive oil
- 1/2 cup flax jell
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup Sucanat
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup carob chips
- 1/2 cup dried currants (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees. Spray 3 large cookie sheets with PAM. (Use double-layer no-burn cookie sheets, if possible.)
- Mix together: flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine separately: oil, flax jell, vanilla and Sucanat.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and quickly add nuts and carob chips.
- Shape into 1½-inch balls. Place on cookie sheet; flatten. Bake 8-10 minutes or until browned. Cool on wire racks.