- 3 cups unbleached flour
- 6 Tbsp carob powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- l cup extra light olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups Sucanat
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare 24 muffin tins with paper liners. For Cake spray 9″ x 13″ pan with PAM and flour lightly.
- Mix in bowl: flour, carob powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix separately: pineapple juice, olive oil, vanilla, and secant.
- Add liquids to dry ingredients and mix until moist and most lumps have disappeared. Fill each cup about ¾ full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Bake 35-40 minutes if using a cake pan.
Don’t over mix. The less you stir, the lighter and fluffier the muffin will be. Stirring activates the gluten.