This Vegan English Muffins recipe is a fantastic option for anyone looking for a vegan and delicious breakfast. English muffins are a classic breakfast staple, and this recipe shows how easy it is to make them without the use of animal products.
The recipe uses a combination of all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour, which gives the muffins a nice, hearty texture. It also calls for non-dairy milk, vegan butter, and maple syrup, which provide the moisture and flavor necessary to create a delicious and satisfying muffin.
One of the best things about this recipe is that it doesn’t require any special equipment. You can make these muffins using a simple stovetop griddle or skillet, making them an accessible option for anyone looking to make their own breakfast at home.
The recipe also includes helpful tips and tricks for getting the perfect English muffin, including advice on how to shape the dough and cook the muffins to ensure they are evenly cooked and perfectly browned.
Overall, your Vegan English Muffins recipe is a fantastic option for anyone looking for a vegan and delicious breakfast. It’s easy to make, requires minimal equipment, and produces a delicious and satisfying result. So if you’re looking for a vegan breakfast option that’s sure to impress, give this recipe a try!
Vegan English Muffins
- Mix the yeast, 1 cup warm water and honey in a large bowl. Let stand for up to 8 minutes, until frothy.
- Blend the tofu, ½ cup water, and salt in a blender until smooth. Pour this into the foaming yeast mixture along with 3 tbsp oil.
- Add 2 cups whole wheat flour and 1 and ½ cups white. Stir until smooth. Mix in 1½ cups more white flour to make a smooth dough.
- Knead on a floured surface for about 5 minutes. Let the dough rise in an oiled bowl until double in bulk. Punch down the dough and divide in half. Roll each half out onto a generous amount of cornmeal, to ½" thick. Cut into 3" circles and let rise 10 minutes.
- Place the muffins on a dry griddle to cook. Cook on low about #2 on a electric stove for 8-10 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.