Vegan English Muffins
- Mix the yeast, 1 cup warm water and honey in a large bowl. Let stand for up to 8 minutes, until frothy.
- Blend the tofu, ½ cup water, and salt in a blender until smooth. Pour this into the foaming yeast mixture along with 3 tbsp oil.
- Add 2 cups whole wheat flour and 1 and ½ cups white. Stir until smooth. Mix in 1½ cups more white flour to make a smooth dough.
- Knead on a floured surface for about 5 minutes. Let the dough rise in an oiled bowl until double in bulk. Punch down the dough and divide in half. Roll each half out onto a generous amount of cornmeal, to ½" thick. Cut into 3" circles and let rise 10 minutes.
- Place the muffins on a dry griddle to cook. Cook on low about #2 on a electric stove for 8-10 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.