Children love these vegan muffins. Really really good recipe almost like a super moist cake.
Try not to over mix. Over mixing brings out the gluten and makes a less moist more bread-like muffin. Put in the oven as quickly as possible.
1 ½tsp Ener-G Egg Replacer
2 tbsp water
½ cup canola oil
¾ cup of soy milk
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 jar of your favorite jam, or several kinds for a real surprise.
1 tsp vanilla
Vegan Muffins: Topping suggestions
fresh sliced fruit
Vegan chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 400F. Line muffin tins with paper baking cups. Beat the Ener-G Egg Replacer and water together.
- 2. Add the canola oil and milk. Stir in the sugar.
3. In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
4. Stir the wet and dry ingredients together quickly. With a teaspoon, drop about 1/2″ of batter into the bottom of each muffin cup. Spoon 1 tsp of jam into the middle of each muffin (try to keep it as a ball in the middle). Top with batter to almost fill a cup.
5. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.